Because liability insurance does not cover the repair or replacement of your car or the treatment of your injuries, there are other types of coverages to consider:
- - Collision: Pays for damage to your car.
- - Comprehensive: Pays for damages caused by fire, hail, vandalism or theft.
- - Uninsured or Underinsured Driver: Pays for car damage, medical treatment, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other expenses if the driver who caused the accident was underinsured or did not stop.
- - Medical payments: pays medical bills resulting from an accident.
- - Personal Injury Protection: Pays for medical bills, plus 80 percent of lost income and the cost of an injured person's caregiver.